Fully-Funded Rhodes Scholarships for International Students at University of Oxford in UK, 2022,2023
The Rhodes Trust is offering the Fully-Funded Rhodes Scholarships at the University of Oxford in the UK. The programme is available for the academic year 2021,2022-2023.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full time, postgraduate award which enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
Applying for the Scholarship is a challenge, but it is an experience which has helped generations of young people to succeed. We encourage applications from talented students everywhere.
Rhodes Scholars come to the UK for two or more years and can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by Oxford University.
- Course Level: Postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
- Study Subject: Any courses offered by the University of Oxford at the postgraduate level.
- Award: Fully-Funded
- The program can be taken in the UK
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
The detailed eligibility criteria varies slightly depending on which constituency you are applying for. You can use our eligibility checker tool to find out if you meet the criteria and are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Entrance Requirements: The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarship:
- Citizenship & residency: You must meet the citizenship/residency requirements of one of the Rhodes constituencies –
- Age Limit: Upon 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e., you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004).
- Education: Applicants must have a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent, or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- English Language Requirements: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
- Evidence of academic record/transcript (complete or in progress) of an undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- List of referees (usually several are required) who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular, and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University course fees and also provides an annual stipend. For the 2021/22 academic year, the stipend is £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation.
Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependents.
The detailed Conditions of Tenure document outlines permitted combinations of degrees, and how many years of study are covered by the Scholarship, as the latter depends on course choice – for example up to three years of fees and stipend is available to Scholars who choose to undertake a DPhil (PhD) at Oxford.
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover all the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford. The Trust will cover all the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service. The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling in allowance and for those Scholars who transition to a second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.
Application Deadline: Varies according to country.
Credit to: Rhodes Trust
Join our WhatsApp Platform for Scholarship Updates Below
Please be reminded that icreategh doesn’t provide or facilitate you to get Scholarship. Report to Us when anyone calls you to pay money to earn you a scholarship.
All our Scholarship Adverts are free, you only help Share with others to also benefit. Do not benefit alone.