NTC Past Questions
Numeracy Past Questions and Answers
1. The number of rooms at Hotel G is 10 less than twice the number of rooms at Hotel H. If the total number of rooms at both Hotels is 425, what is the number of rooms at Hotel G?
2. Look at this Series: 14, 28, 20, 40, 32, 64, …. What number should come next?
3. Look at this Series: 31, 29, 24, 22, 17, …. What number should come next?
4. In an election between 2 candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, what was the number of valid votes that the other candidate got?
5. 4 adults consumed food costing $60 for 3 days. For the same food cost, would be the cost of food consumed by 7 adults for 5 days?
6. Look at this Series; 22, 21, 23, 22, 24, 23, …. What number should come next?
7. For this Series of alphanumeric fractions: A?”, B/4, C/6, D/8, ?, ?, What should be the next fraction?
8. Look at this Series: 7, 10, 8, 11, 9, 12, …..What number should come next?
9. 36 men can complete a piece of work in 18 days. In how many days will 27 men complete the same work?
10. 4 mat-weavers can 4 mats in 4 days. At the same rate, how many mats would be woven by 8 mat-weavers in 8 days?
11. A cubical block of metal weighs 6 pounds. How much will another cube of the same metal weigh if its sides are twice as long?
12. A P.E. teacher orders 30 new jersey for the school football team. If each of the jersey cost GH 3.99, what is the total cost of these jerseys.
13. A store pays GH 82.95 for a microwave and marks the price up by 20%. What is the new price?
14. Of the following fractions, which of them is greater than ½?
15. In a class of 78 students. 41 are taking Journalism, 22 are taking Public Relations. Of the students taking Journalism or Public Relations. 9 are taking both courses. How many students are not students are not enrolled in either course?
16. In a class of 24 pupils, 4 need additional support. What fraction of the class in lowest term needs additional support?
17. There are 3 apples and you take away 2. How many do you have?
18. What is the average (arithmetic mean) of all the multiples of ten from 10 to 190 inclusive?
19. If an object travels at five feet per second, how many feet does it travel in one hour?
20. Look at this Series; D-4, F-6, H-8, J10, ?, ?. What pair of letters/numbers should come next?
Answer: L-12, N-14
21. Yaw, Kofi and Ama shared the profit they earned in a month from a joint business in the ratio 2:4:3 respectively. If Ama and Kofi together got a total of GH 42.00. Find the profit earned in the month.
Answer: GHC 54.00
22. A woman bought 210 oranges for 65 Ghanaian Cedis. She sold all of them at 3 for 2 Cedis. How much profit did she make?
Answer: 75 cedis
23. Mark is 30 years old. Yaw is half as old as Mark. Paul is 10 years older than Yaw. How old is Paul?
Answer: 25 years
24. If the age of ten pregnant women in a maternity clinic are 26, 23, 24, 27, 26, 21, 22, 25, 23, 23. Find the mean age.
Answer: 24 years
25. A man has 6p sheep and 5q goats. He sells 3p sheep and 2q goats. How many animals are left after the sales?
Answer: 3p + 3q
26. Express 3m and 24cm in kilometres.
Answer: 0.00324 km
27. The sum of the ages of Kweku and Kojo is 30 years. Kweku is 4 years older than Kojo. How old is Kojo?
Answer: 13 years
28. Simplify – 27 + 18 – (10 – 14) – (-2).
29. An amount of money was shared between Kofi and Ama in the ratio 3:5 respectively. If Ama received GHC 650.00, what was Kofi’s share?
Answer: GHC 390.00
30. Which of the following statements is TRUE about natural numbers?
Answer: Composite numbers have more than two divisors
31. A car left Nsawam 9:45am. It arrived in Kumasi in 3 hours 17 minutes later. At what time did the car arrived in Kumasi?
32. There are p boys and q girls in a classroom. Each person had 2 textbooks. Which of these expressions represents the total number of textbooks carried to the classroom?
Answer: 2 (p+q)
33. How many degrees does a minute hand a clock turn through from 6:20am to 7:00am the same day?
34. Mansah obtained 150 marks out of 240 marks in Mathematics test. What was her percentage score?
35. What is the next term in the pattern? 4 4 = 0, 4 – 3 = 1, 4 – 2 = 2, 4 – 1 = 3, 4 – 0 = 4, ___ – ___ = 5.
Answer: 4 – (-1) = 5
36. It takes 15 men an average of 48 days to weed a plot of land. How many men can weed the same plot of land in 16 days, if they work at the same rate?
37. A tank holds 240litres of water. How much water is in the tank when it is full?
Answer: 192 litres
38. The least number in a set of real numbers is greater than 24 and the highest is less than 30. Which of the following is the best interpretation of this statement?
39. A company has 200 employees. Thirty-ninepercent of them work in the machine room and 32% are engaged in distribution of goods. How many of the employees are engaged in other duties apart from these two?
40. Six hundred copies of a book have to be packed into boxes. Each box can hold 15 of the books. Which one of the following operations could be used to find the number of boxes needed?
Answer: Divide 600 by 15
41. A boy used two-thirds of his weekly savings to buy a textbook. If he realized that he has GH 10.00 left, how much was the weekly savings?
Answer: GHC 30.00
42. Some pages in a book on a bookshelf are missing so that page 21 is now followed immediately by page 43. How many pages are missing?
43. Dora has a bag containing 3 blue tennis balls. Jennifer has a bag containing 2 black tennis balls. Their balls are all identical except for colours. The two girls put the balls in one bag. If a ball is picked at random from the bag, what is the probability that the ball is black?
44. If you take away the sum of 248.25 and 63.17 from 890.45, what is left?
45. The population of two communities are 1.8705 x 106 and 9.00846 x 105. Calculate the total population of the two communities.
46. Dartey recorded a mean score of 234 on five tests. What should she score on the sixth test to bring her mean score up to 26?
47. A school wants to fence its rectangular playing field measuring 118m by 92m with wire mesh. How many meters of wire mesh will be needed to complete the fencing?
Answer: 420 m
48. If the population of a village increases by 97, it will reach at least 4,050 people. Which one of the following inequalities represents the statements correctly?
Answer: p + 97 = < 4,050
49. Students are most likely to beintrinsically motivated to learn and master mathematics when they …………
Answer: Know that they would be tested on their understanding of the mathematical content in the near future.
50. The population of two communities are 1.87056 X 10 and 9.00846 X 103. Calculate, correct to four significant figures the total population of the two communities.
Answer: 1.088 X 107
51. Eleven more than 2 times Jona’s age is equal to 59. How old is Jona?
Answer: 24 years
52. Mr. Adaber bought three items priced at GH 65.50, Gh 36.45 and GH 15.78. he paid with three GH 50.00 notes. How much change did he received?
53. The Adinkra symbol shown below is called “boa me na me mmoa wo” which literally means “help me and let me help yoy” and symbolizes “Cooperation, Interdependence”. How many symmetries has the symbol?
54. Which of the following is not true about parallelogram?
Answer: the diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other at the right angles.
55. It took a computer lab assistant 34 minutes to fix a problem on 6 computer units. If the lab assistant works at the same rate, how long will it take to fix the same problem or an additional 24 computers?
Answer: 2 hours and 20 minutes
56. The capitation grants for a school increases from GHC 4800.00 to GHC 6000.00 in one year. What was the percentage increase in the grant?
57. An entrepreneur offers the following two options for a job that takes 8 days:
- Receiving GHC 1000.00 for the period.
- Receiving GHC 10.00non on the first day with the amount doubling each day.
58. Which of the options will yield a higher wage?
Answer: Not easy to determine
59. The cost of 3 pencils and 2 exercise books is GHC 3.50. The cost of 5 similar pencils and 4 exercise books is GH 6.50. find the cost of 2 pencils.
Answer: GHC 1.00
60. Adzovi is 5 years older than her brother, which one of the following expressions represents Adzovi’s age if her brother is X years old?
Answer: 5 + X
61. There are 45 pupils in a class. What percentage of the class are girls if 18 of them are boys?
62. Jemima wants to send letters to 16 of her friends. Half of the letters will need a sheet of paper each to print and the other half will need 2 sheets each to print. How many sheets of paper will be needed altogether?
- APTITUDE TEST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR ALL RANKS PS, AD2 , AD1 AND DD 2022
- How to use the internet responsibly | Learn with ease on the internet
- How to Pass any Exams with Ease
- Why Students Fail Examination
- Elective ICT trial Questions
- NSMQ Regional Qualified Schools, Dates and Points 2022
Please if you are on any of our WhatsApp platforms, do not join this one.
Join our Discussion Forum below.
Please don’t forget to share this post. Click on the WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram button below to share the post.