GTLE LITERACY MCQ’s WITH ANSWERS
Answer all the questions
For questions 1-16, choose from the alternatives A-D, the word(s) that best completes each of the sentences.
- One of the students staying outside the school …………….. always late for classes.
2. Do you know the athlete ………….. can lead the team to victory?
C. by whom
3. I have observed that there isn’t ……………. in the school on Saturdays.
A. no one
4. You believe that you have a stronger team, …………………?
A. isn’t it
B. don’t you
C. aren’t you
D. do you
5. The …………… of the waiter was that we eat fried rice and chicken but since that was very expensive, we were……………with the fried plantain and beans stew.
6. Do you remember that …………….. some pencils?
A. I promised you
B. I will promise you
C. I promise to you
D. I promised them to you
7. Ask them ………….. car was run over by the amour car.
8. The two cars ………….. which collided are on fire
9. If I were to go to the moon, I …………. see many things.
D. would have
10. John is a friend of ……………. and visits them very often.
11. Our professor is always saying, “Let’s go into that ………..”
12. …………… you like it or not, Akwasi will drive the car today.
13. It is certain that, that book is………………
B. the Josephine’s
D. of Josephine’s
14. The food became so bad ……….. the students refused to eat it.
15. Since his ability was below average, he couldn’t fit …………… the next class.
16. After graduating, he had to choose ………… a career in business and working for his father.
For question 17 and 18, choose from the options A-D, the one that has the correct order of adjectives.
17. My grandmother lives in the …………………………… house on the corner
A. little blue, green and white
B. little blue and green and white
C. little, blue, green, and white
D. blue little, green, white
18. The store carries an assortment of ……………………………….. objects.
A. interesting new, old and antique
B. new, old, interesting and antique
C. interesting, old and new and antique
D. old and new interesting antique
ALSO READ: NTC Exams & Update
For question 19 and 20, choose from the alternatives A-D, one which best represents the direct speech form of the indirect speech.
19. He exclaimed with joy that Ghana had won the World Cup.
A. He said, “Ghana has won the World Cup”
B. He said, “Ghana won the World Cup”
C. He said, “How! Ghana will win the World Cup”
D. He said, “Hurrah! Ghana has won the World Cup”
20. You told me that you were going to America.
A. You said to me, “I am going to America”.
B. You told me that I was going to America.
B. You said to me that you were going to America.
D. You told me I was going to America
READ ALSO: NTC Literacy Exams Past Question
For questions 21 and 22, choose from the options following each of the sentences lettered A-D, the one that best gives the meaning of the underlined phrase.
21. Agyei does not let the grass grow under his feet. This means that Agyei
A. does not waste time in doing things
B. is a very wicked man
C. cuts grass on his field regularly
D. cares only about himself
22. The secretary of the party told the electorate an incredible story which they swallowed hook, line and sinker.
A. the people did not understand it
B. the people tried hard to accept it
C. the people accepted the story completely
D. the people did not believe a word of it
For question 23 and 24, change the sentences from active to passive voice.
23. Kojo will have finished the work.
A. Kojo will finish the work in due time
B. The work is finished by Kojo
C. The work will be finished by Kojo
D. The work will have been finished by Kojo
24. The government is planning a new tax on services.
A. A new tax on services are being planned by the government
B. A new tax on services is being planned by the government
C. A new tax on services was being planned by the government
D. A new tax on services are been planned by the government
For question 25 to 28, choose from the alternatives lettered A-D, one which is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word(s).
25. Adwoa is very conservative in her political ideas whereas Afi expresses …………… views always.
26. The child’s initial attempt at hitting the nail on the head were futile but subsequent ones proved …………..
27. The students were lauded for their excellent performance.
28. Kotoko played a defensive game though the coach preferred an …………… one.
For question 29 and 30, choose from the alternatives lettered A-D, one which is nearest in meaning to the words underlined.
29. His duties were thus rendered exceedingly onerous, and his labor became excessive.
30. You look so gloomy today.
- Revise comprehension answering techniques
- Revise essay writing / composition.
BEST OF LUCK!!!
- Apply: GES Promotion Portal 2022/2023
- Aptitude Test Questions and Answers in Ghana For PS, AD2 , AD1 AND DD – 2022
- GES Aptitude Test Questions And Answers For ADII (Trial Questions)
- Ghana Teacher Prize Award Winners Selection Criteria
- Teacher Trainees to Fend for Themselves – PRINCOF
You can join any of our platforms below to be updated anytime we publish new articles.
Please click on the buttons below to share our post, ges aptitude test questions and answers pdf, ges promotion aptitude test 2021, 2021 teachers promotion aptitude test questions and answers, ges promotion questions and answers, ges promotion aptitude test 2020, teachers aptitude test questions and answers, teachers aptitude test 2019, promotion questions and answers for teachers, 2021 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, 2020 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, GES Promotion Aptitude Test 2021 for ADII, 2020 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, 2023 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, 2024 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, GES Promotion Aptitude Test Trial Questions and Answers, GES Promotion Exams Questions and Answers (Mock) 2022, NTC GTLE Literacy Practice MCQ With Answers 2022