2021 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers
2021 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (DD)
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
INSTRUCTION: Answer all questions in this section by circling the letter corresponding to the correct or best answer on your question paper.
1. Which one of the following agencies aside the National Teaching Council and The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment assist The Ghana Education Service to manage the pre-tertiary education system?
A. The Curriculum, Research and Development Division
B. The Ghana tertiary Education Commission
C. The National Accreditation Board
D. The National Schools Inspectorate Authority
2. The ministry of Education develops the Education Sector Medium Term Development Plan (ESMTDP) to span over the period of
3. The MOE supported by its agencies developed the Education Strategies Plan (ESP) alongside the
A. Education Sector Analysis
B. Free Compulsory Universal Basic Education
C. School Feeding Programme
D. Secondary Education Improvement Programme
4. Which of the following programmes did the Ministry of Education in partnership with the US Ambassador to Ghana launch in June 2020?
A. Ghana Learning Radio Reading Programme
B. GTV Learning Programme
C. Joy TV Learning Programme
D. National Science and Math Quiz
5. In which of 2020 was the main edition of Ghana education Service Newsletter; ‘GES TODAY’ released?
6. Which of the following bodies is not an agency of the ministry of Education?
A. Ghana Library Authority
B. National Accreditation Board
C. National Commission for Civic Education
D. National Service Secretariat
7. Which one of the following Acts under the PNDC Law 1993 established the Ministry of Education?
8. Who chairs the District Education oversight Committee?
A. The Chief Of The Community
B. The District Chief Executive
C. The District Director Of Education
D. The Unit Committee Chairman
9. Which body under the Ministry of Education is responsible for monitoring performance targets of agencies under the Ministry?
A. Ghana Education Secretariat
B. Ghana Education Service
C. Ghana Tertiary Education Commission
D. National Teaching Council
10. Which of the following is the highest decision making body within a local authority under the decentralized education management system in Ghana?
A. District Education Oversight Committee
B. Parent Teacher Association
C. School Management Committee
D. The Unit Committee
11. Which of the following statements about classroom management is true?
A. It is same as behaviour management
B. System and procedures are age appropriate
C. There is a one size fits all templates for use
D. There is no need for a classroom management plan
12. A teacher can use the following mechanisms to create a welcoming learning space, except by:
A. Focusing on keeping the classroom quiet.
B. Personalizing the classroom with samples of students’ work.
C. Supplying the classroom with appropriate learning aids.
D. Teaching students to keep their work space tidy
13. As a teacher comes to class, the first activity is to organize the students into groups to answer questions on the board in their exercise book as a way of reviewing the previous day’s lesson. While the students are working, the teacher moves around and takes attendance. Once the questions are answered, the groups present their works to the whole class to be discussed before the day’s work begins. Which of the following best describes the classroom setting?
14. Which of the following personal information is not appropriate for a student to share on social media?
15. Which of the following reasons best explains why teachers should ensure that there are physical pathways for students in the classroom? The pathways
A. Allow students space to work for themselves
B. Make it easier for teachers to attend to individual student needs.
C. Make it easier for teachers to see the board from the back.
D. Make students less likely to become distracted.
Check: ADI 2021 GES Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers
Use the information below to answer questions 16-19
You have been posted as a District Director of Education for Atwima Nwabiagya District. As the manager of the District Directorate of Education, answer the following questions (16-19)
16. Which of the following is a less important quality or attribute to have?
C. Strict discipline
17. How should you handle sensitive information of the District?
A. Create procedures for organizing, storing and eventual disposal of sensitive information.
B. Ensure that all sensitive paperwork stays with you so that nobody else has access to it.
C. Post it on the internal website of the district for only internal members to access.
D. Shred it all and make sure you either burn them or recycle the waste.
18. Which one of the following reasons best explains why you should be flexible in your new leadership role? You
A. Are on call for 24hrs a day.
B. Work with all GES District Directors as well.
C. Work with people from all walks of life.
D. You prepare the same document several different ways
19. Which of the following characteristics is of least importance to your new leadership role?
B. Giving instructions
C. Great communicator
D. Taking initiative
20. Which of the following is a feature of centralized system of educational management?
A. Bottom-up approach to policy-making
B. Hierarchy of authority in decision-making
C. Local level participation in decision-making
D. Top-down approach to policy-making
21. Mr. Cobbina wants to use authentic methods of assessment. Which of the following methods is he likely to use?
A. Developing portfolios
B. Multiple choice test
C. Oral presentation
D. Reflective journal
22. Quantifying or characteristic using standard and rules is known as
23. The type of validity which is reflected in appearance of the test is known as……………….
24. Blooms Taxonomy of cognitive domain consist of how many levels?
25. Which of the following statements least reflects a teacher’s knowledge of subject matter?
A. Adapts lesson to the level of learners.
B. Exhibits confidence in teaching.
C. Manages the class effectively.
D. Teaches effectively.
26. Which of the following issues is least important in managing Ghana’s public pre-tertiary education?
A. Classroom size
B. Family factors
C. Managing profits
27. Formal education in the public-school in Ghana begins at the age of ……………. Years.
28. Which of the following persons chairs the Ghana Education Service (GES) Council?
A. Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh
B. Mr. Micheal Nsowah
C. Prof. Kwasi Opoku-Amankwah
D. Very Rev. Ama Afo Blay
29. Which of the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) relates to education?
A. SDG 2
B. SDG 4
C. SDG 6
D. SDG 8
30. The SDG that relates to education aims to ensure
A. Equitable and inclusive education for all, especially the girl child
B. Improved access and participation in education for all school-aged children
C. Inclusive and equitable quality lifelong learning opportunities for all
D. Universal basic education for all
Check Also: ADI 2020 GES Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers
31. Which of the following statements is not directly involved in Educational Administration?
A. Acquisition of personnel for education delivery
B. Development of regulations and policies
C. Maintenance of official vehicles
D. Mobilization and utilization of funds for education
32. All the following are members of the School Management Committee EXCEPT
A. District Director of Education or his/her representative
B. PTA representative
C. The head teacher
D. Unit Committee Chairperson
33. Which one of the following is not an attribute of a school’s vision statement?
34. Which of the following is not an example of a conducive school climate?
A. Discipline plans and procedures reflect equity and respect for diversity in all areas
B. Expectations for academic achievement for all students are not evident
C. The physical environment is clean and orderly
D. The school environment is driven by a clear plan for school safety and code of Conduct for staff and students.
35. Which of the following qualities is at least important in team building?
A. Good planning
B. Mutual respect
D. Shared trust
36. Which of the following is not a major reason why a school improvement support officer (SISO) will visit a school?
A. The constitution mandates him/her
B. The head is a colleague
C. The PTA is convening a meeting
D. The teachers are on strike
37. Which entity in the Ghana Pre-tertiary Education System recruits teachers?
A. Educational Institutions
B. Ministry Of Finance (MOF)
C. The Ghana Education Service (GES)
D. The Ministry Of Education (MOE)
38. Which of the following structures is the highest decision making body at the Senior High School (SHS) level?
A. Board Of Governors
B. Governing Council
C. Metropolitan/Municipal/District Education Oversight Committee
D. School Management Committee
39. The best way to monitor the performance of teachers is through
A. Appraisal services
B. Focus group discussions
C. In-service education and training (INSET)
D. School visit
40. What does it mean to ‘think outside the box’ as an educational leader?
A. Employ more people
B. Follow the status quo
C. Generate innovative ideas
D. Respect your employees
TRUE OR FALSE QUSTIONS
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer all questions in this section by identifying whether the statement provided is true or false.
Circle the letter that corresponds to the correct or best option on your question paper.
41. It is the direct responsibility of the school management committees (SMC) to see to the implementation of the school performance improvement plan.
42. The capitation Grant was set up to achieve universal basic education.
43. The provisions made in the Education Act 778 resulted in the Ministry of Educations decision to institute the professional registration policy for teachers.
44. The governing council of GES is made up of fifteen members.
45. GES is responsible for the implementation approved national tertiary educational policies and programs.
46. In line with the Education strategic plan, the ministry of Education is focused on ensuring Ghana becomes a learning nation.
47. A teacher’s attitude towards students with special needs can dramatically affect the quality of their learning experience.
48. What serves as reinforcement of learning to one student will always work for another student.
49. In Alpha-numerical classification of filling, files are arranged only in the order of numbers.
50. A graphical illustration of the formal structure of personnel in a district or regional office is called a scalar chart.
Also Read: GES Promotion Examination 2022 – Areas of Study
51. The most suitable Microsoft application to keep personal records of staff in a school is Microsoft Access.
52. Accountability and improvement are two major purposes of assessment in education.
53. If a test is valid then it is reliable.
54. An assessment procedure should not be based on the characteristic to be measured.
55. The national accreditation board is responsible accrediting service providers who offer in-service training service to teachers.
56. Administration is the primary activity of any school but not the machinery for running the primary activities of the school.
57. A School improvement Office (SISO) is an administrator.
58. The National Teaching Council (NTC) is not a division of the GHANA Education Service (GES).
59. Delegation in a school setting is a process by which school heard transfer their core responsibilities to their subordinates.
60. The West African Examination council does not operate in Francophone West Africa.
FILL IN QUESTIONS
INSTRUCTION: Answer all questions in this section by filling –in the space provided on your question paper with the correct or best answer.
61. The implementation of the school performance improvement plan (SPIP), The Metropolitan/Municipal/District directorate of education is responsible mainly for………………………………..……………………………….
62. The Complementary Basic Education (CBE) programmed is targeted at which group of learned…………………………………………………………………….
63. The highest rank on the Ghana Education Service (GES) scheme of service is known as…………………
64. Complete the mission statement of GES: ‘’to ensure that all Ghanaian children of school going age are provided with inclusive and equitable………………………………………………
65. In order for all students to move easily around the classroom a teacher can ………………………………….
66. The five principles of Learning (LFT) are a focus on learning , learning environment, learning dialogue, shared leadership and …………………………………………………………
67. When a teacher encourages a student to support another student, it is a teaching strategy known as…………
68. Paperless filling system means making use of…………………………………………………….
69. The abbreviation EMIS as used in the education sector stands for ………………………………………………..
70. There are three main domains of educational objectives. These are cognitive, Affective and …………………
71. The agency of the Ministry of Education responsible for implementing periodic external evaluation of quality and standards in pre-tertiary education in Ghana is the ……………………………………………………..
72. As at October 2020, the number of local administrative districts in Ghana was ……………………………………….
73. The type of motivation which involves of engaging in a behaviour because it is personally rewarding rather than the desire for external reward is known as …………………………………………………..
74. There are two Deputies under the Director General within the GES organogram. We have the Director – Quality and Access and the Deputy Director-General ……
75. On the regional education office organogram, the drivers and security guards work under the…………………
BEST OF LUCK!!!
- Apply: GES Promotion Portal 2022/2023
- 2020 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers
- Aptitude Test Questions and Answers in Ghana For PS, AD2 , AD1 AND DD – 2022
- Classroom Management Short Notes for Promotions
- GES Aptitude Test Questions And Answers For ADII (Trial Questions)
- Ghana Teacher Prize Award Winners Selection Criteria
- Classroom Management Short Notes for Promotions
You can join any of our platforms below to be updated anytime we publish new articles.
<<< CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP >>>
<<< CLICK HERE TO JOIN TEACHERS PORTAL GH (GRP2) ON WHATSAPP >>>
<<< CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR TEACHERS PORTAL GH ON TELEGRAM >>>
Please click on the buttons below to share our post, ges aptitude test questions and answers pdf, ges promotion aptitude test 2021, 2021 teachers promotion aptitude test questions and answers, ges promotion questions and answers, ges promotion aptitude test 2020, teachers aptitude test questions and answers, teachers aptitude test 2019, promotion questions and answers for teachers, 2021 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, 2020 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, 2022 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, 2023 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, 2024 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test,