GES Upgrading Guide
GES Upgrading Guide
Many Teachers complain why their upgrading to other ranks delays for so long. Well, the Ghana Education Service has made it clear, some teachers want to jump the process and get upgraded earlier than stipulated.
In that case, a detailed GES Upgrading guide has been provided to help teachers understand the appropriate times to apply.
You are advised to read closely to be sure you are qualified for upgrading before even starting the process. Failure to do that your expectation of upgrading will be a mirage.
PROCESSING OF UPGRADING FROM SENIOR SUPRINTENDENT TO PRINCIPAL SUPERINTENDENT (PS)
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOTE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO PROCESS OR NOT
- Some of the teachers have their upgrading to PS letters signed by a District/Municipal/Metro Director. The affected teachers should apply to the Regional Director for PS upgrading letter.
2. Teachers should attach their current pay-slips
3. Teachers who obtained Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) or Senior Superintendent II in 2014 can apply to PRINCIPAL SUPERINTENDENT in 2020 with their degree certificates
4. Example: A teacher has obtained degree certificate and has applied for Principal Superintendent letter
a. If you receive the application, please check the year he/she obtained the DBE
b. Note that some teachers obtained the DBE two (2) or three (3) years before their appointment. In such instances use the effective date on the 1st appointment letter.
READ ON: GES Academic Calendar 2023 For SHS/SHTS
5. Please use this table as a guide
|CERTIFICATE||YEAR OBTAINED||YEAR TO APPLY TO PRINCIPAL SUPERINTENDENT GRADE|
|DIPLOMA IN BASIC EDUCATION||2014||2020|
|DIPLOMA IN BASIC EDUCATION||2015||2021|
|DIPLOMA IN BASIC EDUCATION||2016||2022|
|DIPLOMA IN BASIC EDUCATION||2017||2023|
|DIPLOMA IN BASIC EDUCATION||2018||2024|
6. You should verify (crosscheck) the timelines on his/her records before you process applications for upgrading.
7. Please, if the teacher does not qualify with respect to the timelines (years) do not submit the application to the Regional Director
8. Tell them to wait to meet the conditions (timelines)
9. If you fail to tell them, you will be given them false-hope because they will be waiting for their upgrading letters which might not be processed.
10. They will be worrying you on a number of occasions (Phone calls etc). So do the right thing and be free.
11. If you check and the teacher qualifies, please, attach the following to the application before you submit to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR.
a. First appointment letter
b. Application letter from the teacher
c. Director’s recommendation letter (Cover Letter)
d. The Degree certificate (Certified)
e. Diploma in Basic Education Certificate (Certified)
f. WASSCE (Certified)
g. Transcript (Certified)
h. Brochure from the University
i. Current Pay-slip (Certified)
j. Personal Records form duly filled and signed by District Director
ALSO READ: Organised Labour Has Declared Indefinite Strike Starting Dec. 27
12. PLEASE, LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING SCENARIOS
a. A teachers completed DBE in 2015
He was appointed into GES on September, 2018
He obtained his degree in October, 2018
That teacher can apply for upgrading in 2023
b. Mensah Stephen was promoted to Senior Superintendent 1 on September, 2016
He obtained B.Ed certificate in September, 2016
He has applied for upgrading to PS in February, 2020.
Mensah should wait till 2022.
c. Joseph Marfo completed BSc Biological Science in March, 2000
He was appointed into GES in 2000
He is on Senior Superintendent I Non Professional as at 2020.
He is now applying for PS Non-Professional
He qualifies to be upgraded to PS but it’s long overdue
According to his personal records forms he has not broken service.
Please investigate such people very well before you process.
d. A teacher has applied for PS in July, 2020 with his degree certificate
He did not attach DBE Certificate or SS ll or SS I letter
No appointment letter
In such situations it is difficult to determine whether he qualifies or not.
Please do not submit incomplete applications or records to REGIONAL OFFICE
CHECK ALSO: GETFund Opens Undergraduate Scholarship for 2022/2023 Academic Year
e. Grace Antwi was appointed into GES in May, 2011.
She obtained her B.ED Certificate in May, 2013
District Director signed his PS letter effective 1/09/2014.
she is on PS grade on her pay-slip.
Grace should apply to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR for a new upgrading letter.
If she fails to apply, she cannot be promoted again.
f. Kwaku Boateng was appointed in GES in January, 2011 with his WASSCE certificate.
He obtained DBE in September, 2015
He was upgraded to SSII in September, 2016
He again obtained B.Ed Certificate in July, 2019
Boateng can apply for upgrading in 2022.
HRs, please verify or critically examine records of teachers to be sure that the applicants qualify before the applications are submitted to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR.
- Update: WAEC releases 2022 WASSCE results
- 2022 WASSCE Results Out
- 2023 National Daily Minimum Wage Pegged at GHC14.88 pesewas
- Posting of GES Staff Returning From Study Leave – 2022
- You Start Application Portal 2022
You can join any of our platforms below to be updated anytime we publish new articles.
<<< CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP >>>
<<< CLICK HERE TO JOIN TEACHERS PORTAL GH (GRP2) ON WHATSAPP >>>
<<< CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR TEACHERS PORTAL GH ON TELEGRAM >>>