New Date for Distribution of Remaining TM1 Laptops to Teachers
Management of the Ghana Education Service have issued a communique on the 22nd day of November 2022.
The message seeks to bring to the attention of all staff that the distribution of the Teacher’s Mate laptops to teachers who are yet to receive theirs is scheduled to continue soon.
Brief Origin of The TM1
The TM1 laptops was procured by government in collaboration with the Ghana Education Service for teachers under the “One Teacher One Laptop Initiative”.
The government supported this initiative with a 70% subsidy for each teacher and the beneficiary teacher will pay the remaining 30% of the total cost.
The total cost of the TM1 for one is GHC1,831.47. the government absorbed GHC1,282.30 while the teacher will pay GHC549.44.
The distribution of the laptops commenced in September 2021 in St. Mary’s Girls SHS teachers and is said to continue across the country until every teacher have received theirs.
But after delay in distribution for some months and agitation from teachers and teacher unions concerning the delay.
GES has yielded to the plight of these teachers and has informed all regional directors to notify their respective staff in their region to anticipate receiving their laptops starting in November 2022
- In view of this, all retired staff whose payslip shows that they were deducted for the laptop from November 2021 should be given their laptops.
- In addition, relatives of deceased staff who have also been deducted for the laptops should be contacted and permitted to receive the laptop after proper verification of documents.
By the letter issued, Management is requesting Regional Directors of Education to officially inform, Metro, Municipal, District Directors of Education within their respective regions.
They should ensure that the distribution is done smoothly and accordingly.
- You Start Ghana Jobs and Skills Project 2022 Launched
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge (Short Notes)
- Apply: GES Promotion Portal 2022/2023
- NTC Exams & Update
- GES Promotion Exams Questions and Answers (Mock)
- 2020 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers
- Aptitude Test Questions and Answers in Ghana For PS, AD2 , AD1 AND DD – 2022
- Classroom Management Short Notes for Promotions
- GES Aptitude Test Questions And Answers For ADII (Trial Questions)
You can join any of our platforms below to be updated anytime we publish new articles.