GTLE LITERACY MCQ’s WITH ANSWERS SET-2
Answer all the questions
For questions 1-16, choose from the alternatives A-D, the word(s) that best completes each of the sentences.
- Kwofie and his children ………… here to swim yesterday.
2. Kojo was not promoted because he was not as intelligent ……….. his brother.
C. such as
3. Philip has been promoted to the next grade in his employment ……………. he is a diligent worker.
4. The whole class agreed …………… the suggestion of the teacher.
5. Football is a ……………… entertaining game.
ALSO READ: NTC Exams & Update
6. The Agric students report that if it does not rain today all the crops …………. perish.
B. would have to
D. may have to
7. The twin brothers have joined the Army;……………… of them are quite tall.
8. The workers were so tired…………… they decided to rest a little.
9. I went home …………… my mother was not there.
10. These two men are …………… the richest people in Ghana.
B. out of
11. Mrs. Abafum teaches in the Akropong School for the ………….
12. I live in a house ……….. has no supply of water.
D. and which
13. I know that his wife is ………….. a good driver.
14. The police had assured all the teaming fans that they had put in place ……………. measures to check …………. at the Accra Sports Stadium.
15. This is the lady …………… car got burned.
A. of whom
B. of whose
16. Kofi is …………… older than his sister Akosua.
D. much more
For question 17 and 18, choose from the options A-D, the one that has the correct order of adjectives.
17. We went for a two-week cruise on a ……………………………….. ocean liner.
A. incredible brand-new, huge Italian
B. incredible, huge, brand-new Italian
C. Italian incredible, brand-new, huge
D. huge brand-new incredible Italian
18. I bought a pair of ……………………………. boots.
A. new, nice, red rain
B. nice new red rain
C. red nice new rain
D. rain nice new red
For question 19 and 20, choose from the alternatives A-D, one which best represents the direct speech form of the indirect speech.
19. He exclaimed that it was a terrible storm.
A. What a terrible storm it is!” he said.
B. He exclaimed that it has been a terrible storm.
C. “What a terrible storm it is!” he said.
D. He exclaimed that it is a terrible storm.
20. He asked me where the post office was.
A. He asked me that where the post office was.
B. He asked me where is the post office.
C. He wanted to know where the post office was.
D. He said to me, “Where is the post office?”
READ ALSO: NTC Literacy Exams Past Question
For questions 21 and 22, choose from the options following each of the sentences lettered A-D, the one that best gives the meaning of the underlined phrase.
21. My mother and I don’t see eye to eye on the way I dress.
A. look each other in the eye
B. look from one eye to the other
C. agree with each other
D. have different eye color
22. Amina used to be hand in glove with her boyfriend.
A. be in close relations
B. cheat her boyfriend
C. admire her boyfriend
D. wear her boyfriend’s glove
For question 23 and 24, change the sentences from active to passive voice.
23. They will inform the police
A. The police will inform them
B. The police will inform by them
C. The police will be informed by them
D. The police will have informed by them
24. The hunchback was being laughed at by everyone
A. Everyone is laughing at the hunchback
B. Everyone laughs at the hunchback
C. Everyone laughed at the hunchback
D. Everyone was laughing at the hunchback
For question 25 to 28, choose from the alternatives lettered A-D, one which is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word(s).
25. The management has been spending more money on preventive rather than on …………… medicine.
26. Some feeble babies can grow into…………… young men.
27. His plea for calm further ………… the crowd.
28. I wanted a compliment from him and not a …………………..
For question 29 and 30, choose from the alternatives lettered A-D, one which is nearest in meaning to the words underlined.
29. You could’ve popped that maniac before he dragged you over the cliff.
30. Janet is the most repellent tenant I have ever come across.
BEST OF LUCK!!!
- Apply: GES Promotion Portal 2022/2023
- Aptitude Test Questions and Answers in Ghana For PS, AD2 , AD1 AND DD – 2022
- GES Aptitude Test Questions And Answers For ADII (Trial Questions)
- Ghana Teacher Prize Award Winners Selection Criteria
- Teacher Trainees to Fend for Themselves – PRINCOF
You can join any of our platforms below to be updated anytime we publish new articles.
Please click on the buttons below to share our post, ges aptitude test questions and answers pdf, ges promotion aptitude test 2021, 2021 teachers promotion aptitude test questions and answers, ges promotion questions and answers, ges promotion aptitude test 2020, teachers aptitude test questions and answers, teachers aptitude test 2019, promotion questions and answers for teachers, 2021 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, 2020 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, GES Promotion Aptitude Test 2021 for ADII, 2020 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, 2023 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, 2024 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, GES Promotion Aptitude Test Trial Questions and Answers, GES Promotion Exams Questions and Answers (Mock) 2022, NTC GTLE Literacy Practice MCQ With Answers 2022