GTLE LITERACY MCQ’s WITH ANSWERS SET-3
Answer all the questions
For questions 1-16, choose from the alternatives A-D, the word(s) that best completes each of the sentences.
- There has been some ………… in the media that the price of petroleum products is likely to go up.
2. The day is …………… hot to play basketball.
3. He was posted to the police ………… to deal with administrative issues.
4. The book …………….. I bought from the shop is very interesting.
5. ………………… hockey is one of his best games.
B. To be playing
C. To have played
D. By playing
6. This is a special program for …………
A. marriage couples
B. married couple
C. married couples
D. marry couples
ALSO READ: NTC Exams & Update
7. Abedi Pele is ……………. footballer than his brother.
A. the best
B. the better of
C. a better
D. the better
8. If you had sent the telegram, he …………… here by now.
A. would have been
B. will have been
C. would be
D. will be
9. The soup is not tasty; “Can you add ………….. salt, please?”
B. a little
D. a few
10. There ………. two alligators at the edge of the swamp this morning.
D. have been
11. A baby alligator is usually only seven to nine inches long at birth. An adult, ……………., can grow to lengths from six to sixteen feet.
12. Jim is easily the …………… boy in the whole school.
D. most tall
13. The felling of trees and the indiscriminate burning of the forest contributes to environmental ………….
14. ……………. snow was too deep for cars and buses to travel on the roads, the schools were closed for one week.
15. Aba worked ……………. hard that she was able to complete her assignment.
C. too much
16. Be careful, Peter, I can’t ……….. with your rude manners any more.
A. put off
B. put on
C. put by
D. put up
For question 17 and 18, choose from the options A-D, the one that has the correct order of adjectives.
17. My dad was thrilled with his gift of …………………….. bowties for his clown act.
A. three squirting new nice big polka-dotted
B. three polka-dotted nice new squirting
C. three nice big new polka-dotted squirting
D. three new big nice polka-dotted squirting
18. Please put the marbles into that ………………….. box.
A. round little old red
B. little old round red
C. little old red round
D. old red round little
For question 19 and 20, choose from the alternatives A-D, one which best represents the direct speech form of the indirect speech.
19. I asked her if she knew how to dance.
A. I asked her if she does know dancing.
B. I said, if she knows how to dance.
C. I asked her if she was known how to dance.
D. I said to her, “Do you know how to dance?”
20. Chima asked him if she was to wait for him forever.
A. Chima asked him if she were to wait for him forever.
B. Chima said to him if she can wait for him forever.
C. Chima said to him, “Am I to wait for you forever?”
D. Chima asked him if she had to wait for him forever.
For questions 21 and 22, choose from the options following each of the sentences lettered A-D, the one that best gives the meaning of the underlined phrase.
21. He should not become the chairman of the committee as he has too many axes of his own to grind. This means he has
A. a private reason to serve
B. to fail to arouse interest
C. nothing to show
D. motive to work for both sides
22. Victor is so naughty; he is fond of pulling people’s legs. This means Victor
A. is a tease
B. is friendly
C. is dangerous
D. likes fighting
READ ALSO: NTC Literacy Exams Past Question
For question 23 and 24, change the sentences from active to passive voice.
23. The teacher is writing on the board.
A. The board is being written on by the teacher.
B. The board is written on by teacher.
C. The board has been written on by the teacher.
D. The teacher has written on the board.
24. I am eating a pizza.
A. I have eaten the pizza
B. A pizza has been eaten by me
C. A pizza is being eaten by me.
D. I am eaten a pizza
For question 25 to 28, choose from the alternatives lettered A-D, one which is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word(s).
25. The tranquil atmosphere in the village contrasts with the ………… one in the city.
26. Though the obvious meaning of her statement is harmless, the ……………. meaning is damaging.
27. In his later years, the famous soldier showed signs of senility the ………… of the early years had gone.
28. As a result of his pomp, Mr. Okai shops at Melcom only.
For question 29 and 30, choose from the alternatives lettered A-D, one which is nearest in meaning to the words underlined.
29. The child is utterly incorrigible.
30. The supercilious student couldn’t help but to brag about the high score he received on his test.
BEST OF LUCK!!!
- Apply: GES Promotion Portal 2022/2023
- Aptitude Test Questions and Answers in Ghana For PS, AD2 , AD1 AND DD – 2022
- GES Aptitude Test Questions And Answers For ADII (Trial Questions)
- Ghana Teacher Prize Award Winners Selection Criteria
- Teacher Trainees to Fend for Themselves – PRINCOF
You can join any of our platforms below to be updated anytime we publish new articles.
Please click on the buttons below to share our post, ges aptitude test questions and answers pdf, ges promotion aptitude test 2021, 2021 teachers promotion aptitude test questions and answers, ges promotion questions and answers, ges promotion aptitude test 2020, teachers aptitude test questions and answers, teachers aptitude test 2019, promotion questions and answers for teachers, 2021 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, 2020 Deputy Director GES Aptitude Test, GES Promotion Aptitude Test 2021 for ADII, 2020 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, 2023 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, 2024 GES Promotion Questions and Answers, GES Promotion Aptitude Test Trial Questions and Answers, GES Promotion Exams Questions and Answers (Mock) 2022, NTC GTLE Literacy Practice MCQ With Answers 2022